Welcome back - we're excited to kick off our 2020-21 ski season! Wondering what things will look like at the club this year because of COVID-19?
We ask that all HRSC members using the ski chalet follow the COVID-19 safety protocol signage for everyone's health and safety.
The first order the HRSC has been granted is to allow all members, regardless of vaccination status, access to the Ski Chalet to a maximum of 20 persons. Due to this low capacity, we ask that everyone be cognizant of those who may be waiting to enter the chalet and to limit your stays indoors to gearing up and removing gear/returning equipment.
The second-order that we have been granted allows us to continue with our programming and events with Proof of Vaccination or Proof of Medical Exemption. You will be required to show your Proof of Vaccination or Proof of Medical Exemption, for ages 12 and up, in order to register for all programs and events as well as when entering the Chalet during such programs and events. The schedule for when the Chalet will be closed to unvaccinated members or those that do not produce the POV can be found below. Because all of our youth programs require the attendance of a parent or guardian we will require POV for all parents attending events and programs with their children.
The Chalet will not be accessible to non-vaccinated members during the following times due to our regularly scheduled programming - this is to allow for indoor programming when needed:
Tuesday's & Thursday's from 18:30 to 21:00
Saturday's from 13:30 to 16:00
Sunday's from 13:30 to 16:00
The Chalet will not be accessible to non-vaccinated members at times when there are events being held at the ski club. eg. PAB's/Territorials, Polar Cup, etc. Dates and times will be posted in the Chalet. POV will be requested at the entrance to the Chalet during events and programming to a maximum of 50 people.
It is imperative that we all help try to minimize the risk of an out-break within our club - everyone will sanitize equipment after use and before putting it back on the shelf. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available in the Chalet.
Sign-in is required to allow for contact tracing when/if needed.
If you have had 2 doses of a Covid 19 vaccine You can upload at the time of registration for membership or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org. . You may also be requested to show it to the organizer/coach of the programming you will attend. The HRSC will be verifying POV only; we will not be keeping them on file. Any emailed POV will be deleted once they are verified.
Those who are to be in isolation due to travel, exposure or symptoms, or for any reason are not permitted entry to the Chalet.
As always we are also looking for volunteers for our youth programming as well as our upcoming events and for our executive; if you are interested in putting your name forward please let us know!
The executive is working on some FAQs and will be posting those on our website as soon as they are completed.
We hope everyone has a fantastic season and gets a lot of use out of our beautiful trails.
Here's some other general points:
- Stay home if ill;
- Do not enter the chalet if self-isolating for any reason (this includes another household member that is self-isolating);
- Wear a mask inside the ski chalet at all times;
- Sanitize your hands upon entry in the ski chalet;
- Sign in upon arrival in the sign-in book (date, name, time) inside the ski chalet;
- Clean and disinfect touched surfaces before leaving (e.g., bathroom, tables, kitchen counters);
- Practice physical distancing;
- Maximum capacity inside the ski chalet is 20 people (vacc and unvacced);
- Bring your own coffee/hot chocolate/ snacks. The communal kitchen is closed for now;
- Bring your own thermos and cutlery.
- Sanitize your hands before using equipment
- Wipe down equipment (skis, boots, poles, snowshoes, waxing supplies) with cleaning wipes after use
- Sanitize your hands
- Wipe down: taps, sink, light switch, door handle, toilet seat when finished (in this order please) with cleaning wipes
- Bring your own thermos and cutlery
- Bring your own coffee/hot chocolate/snacks
- Clean and disinfect touched surfaces
These rules will be updated to follow the current public health guidelines.
Thank you for helping make this a succesful and safe ski season!